Monday, October 12, 2009

Episode IV - A New Hope

Class began anew last week, American Regional Cuisine. My new hope is that some in my class will finally begin to take things a little seriously and knuckle down and work hard instead of just trying to coast through. I was not in class though as I was in Alabama working on assignment. I guess it was my yearly step out of retirement to help out a foundry. Hopefully this one doesn't announce that is is closing the doors like happened last time. I was happy to see that I still have some mad skillz left, noticing some small details that were lost upon people with far more knowledge and years of experience than I have.

My class shifts from Monday/Tuesday to Wednesday/Thursday. I just finished sharpening my knives so I am all set to go. I'd really like a new chef's knife, a longer one of course. Isn't that what we always wish for. Given money is tight, if this class goes well maybe I will celebrate completing it with a new knife. It will be tough to wait though.

2 comments:

Brook said...

Oooohhhh! Have fun in your class! Mad skills are always good to have. So is this your IV class or IV semester?

Huff Daddy said...

I only take one class per quarter. It's all I can afford. So this is my 4th class and my 4th quarter. :)