Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mixed Review on the Butternut Squash Soup

I think I'm going to have to attempt to try this again at a later date. Everyone in Dinah's office was too cowardly to try it. Wusses. Dinah said the flavor was great, the bacon made it meaty and savory and not too sweet. The texture was right on. She did not add the REAL bacon crumbles that I gave her (sacrileg!) but said it was great with the crumbled crackers she had.

Unfortunately Dinah got nauseous afterwards so I can't say the soup is a keeper yet. Who knows why she felt vomitous. She said she got the same feeling driving home so it probably wasn't the soup.

On another note, last night's dinner, I hit a home run out of the park. More on that later.

1 comment:

Brook said...

I hate when people don't eat food the way I mean them too. D last night ate the ribolitta WITHOUT THE BREAD which was in the pot-he fished around the chunks and then claimed the soup not very filling-DUH! Doesn't sound like the soup was the vomitous feeling inducer to me. Can't wait to hear about your outa the ballpark supper.